Tuesday, September 17, 2013

The V card... For the vaccination debate virgins.

Yes, I'd probably get a few hate mails after this, but then again, maybe not since I'm no one important. I do, however, anticipate the lost of a few acquaintances from the peanut gallery though, which is totally understandable and fine by me. It's one of the ways I spring clean my network, friends who judge are no friends at all.

I was reading through Facebook and stumbled across a debate amongst the pro-vaccines and anti-vaccines. The comments that both sides of the party come up with are harsh and inconsiderate (yes, both parties can be arses most times). It's ridiculous that both seem to be pointing fingers at each other for using the same scaremongering tactics. The pro-vaccine community almost always show pictures of polio victims with deformed or amputated legs, while the anti-vaccines show babies with severe adverse reactions. What's new?

I am currently a non-vaccinating parent. Please do not get "non-vaccinating parent" confused with "anti-vaccinating parent". I have given my daughter some vaccines, although now I have put a stop to it all until further notice. If I had to travel to a place I know the pros of having the vaccines outweigh the risks, I'd vaccinate immediately. So you could say I am not anti-vaccine, I am just uncomfortable with the idea of putting the welfare of my baby into the hands of doctors without so much of a questioning. I'm uncomfortable with injecting a concoction of toxic chemicals and virus particles into a tiny developing body. I'm extremely uncomfortable (and utterly shocked) that many don't stop to think, to question the doctors about what is to be injected into their children and how it's going to "help" the immune system.

You'd be surprised to know that perhaps out of ten people you know, ask them about vaccination and nine and a half of them will answer, "of course I vaccinate my kids, who doesn't?" Then you proceed to ask the next sensible question, "why do you vaccinate your kids?", and your answer will most likely be, "Because it's the right thing to do", or "I don't know, because the doctor says so", or "Because if you don't vaccinate your kids, they might get the disease and DIE".

And when these people find out that you don't vaccinate your kids, they will say a)"No offence, but please stay away from my kids, I don't want them to catch some unwanted diseases from your unvaccinated kid"; b)"How are you going to register for school? They're not going to let your children in knowing that they're not vaccinated against childhood diseases"; and my favourite one c)"How can you be so irresponsible? It's a crime to not vaccinate your children because you're not only putting your child at risk, you're putting the whole world at risk with your stupid reckless decision".

Now let's work on those answers, shall we? Because that's exactly what triggered me to question the vaccination hoohah (Little Miss Bébé's crying marathon and eczema after her two month vaccination didn't help put me at ease either).

Stay away from my kids, I don't want them catching some unwanted diseases from your unvaccinated kid
Okay, do you see a problem here? Because I sure can. Where in the world did you get the idea that if you're vaccinated, you don't carry diseases? Firstly, vaccinated or not, you and I can still carry viruses and bacterias on us, and spread it to others unknowingly. If you don't want to catch or be in contact with germs, sterilize your house then put a huge-ass zip lock bag over your house, and stay inside (and don't ever come out). Secondly, if your kids are already vaccinated (and you believe in its efficacy), why are you so worried about my UNVACCINATED, well semi-unvaccinated kid? Your kids should be "immune" to whatever my kids are "spreading" (even though vaccinated people can also spread the disease, but because you're in denial, I'm not going to elaborate on that). Unless of course, you don't believe that vaccination actually works, because you really can't be telling me to vaccinate my kids and then tell me they can still get infected by unvaccinated kids. What's the point of vaccinating then?

Schools won't accept unvaccinated kids, because vaccination is compulsory
I don't know where you live, but as far as I'm concern, vaccination is not compulsory anywhere around the world. Sure, you might lose out on welfare benefits or have your kids go on a long holiday when there are certain outbreaks, but that's hardly enough reason to just hand your kids on a silver platter to your doctor and let them inject whatever they want into their bodies without doing some reading yourself. Many sources suggest that outbreaks occur mainly among the vaccinated, and what does that tell you?

You're a disgrace to parents around the world, you put the whole world in danger by not vaccinating your kids. You're a criminal. 
Yes, I've been called that, well mainly the criminal part, by someone very close to me (and no, it wasn't my husband). It hurt, real bad. Having said that, I'm a parent and a proud one at that. And as a parent, I believe I have the parental rights to determine what is best for my child's welfare and well being. People can give advice and suggestions all they want, but ultimately, it is my husband and I who make the final call on what we deem fit for OUR child.

So, we decided to hold off the orthodox vaccinations for Little Miss Bébé until further notice. Yes, we got criticized by family members, judged by acquaintances, hassled by medical officers, etc, but we stood our grounds. And we've decided to go with homeoprophylaxis instead, but that's a topic for another day.

Vaccine scientists may have started off with noble intentions to make the world a better and healthier place, but there is no denying that our kid's generation is the least healthiest of all the generations before us. Childhood diseases in the past used to be chicken pox and measles; currently, it's type A diabetes, auto-immune disorders, autism, etc. Maybe it's not the vaccines, maybe it's the diet and lifestyle, maybe it's the environment. I believe all of it contributes to the current situation we are facing now.

Bottom line is, vaccination does not mean immunization and is not 100% effective, nothing ever is, even the homeoprophylaxis we've chosen to take. Whatever decision you make, whether is to vaccinate or not, is a russian roulette, LIFE IS A RUSSIAN ROULETTE in itself. It's how you place the bets that matters, and for that, the best you can do is to make calculated informed bets and hope for the best. I'm not asking you to not vaccinate, do nothing and hug a tree because that's not going to make you any healthier, I'm asking you to educate yourselves. You have to decide, what are the chances of you getting the actual disease in this day and age, compared to getting the adverse reaction/ side effects of the vaccines, which occur more commonly than we're told. Or should you perhaps think about homeoprophylaxis? It may not be a plausible solution for everyone, but between a concoction of toxic chemicals that may or may not work (and in increasing doses every few years) and non-toxic homeopathic nosodes (which also may or may not work), I'd go for the latter.

But whatever your decision is, make sure you are comfortable with it and that it's an informed decision. I respect parents who vaccinate because I know you do it with best intentions. And I expect to be reciprocated in that same manner as a non-vaccinating parent. But if you can't be civilized about it, please just shut up. If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say it at all works for me. My child, my decision and I can certainly do that without having to confer with you, or you, or you for that matter.



Sites we love (on this topic):

Dr Lawrence Palevsky
Dr Sears
Dr Mercola 
Dr Sherri Tenpenny
Australian Vaccination Network
The Refusers
Vac Truth
Natural News

No comments:

Post a Comment