Wednesday, October 19, 2011

It is only now that I'm a mother...

It is only now that I'm a mother,
that I realize the similarities all mothers share.
We all tend to nag and smother,
just because we love enough to care.

It is only now that I'm a mother,
that I realized how blinded by love mothers can be.
If ever my child is compared to another,
perfect in my eyes she will always be.

It is only now that I'm a mother,
that I realized we tend to take our own mothers for granted.
They've loved and nurtured us like no other,
but we never seem to appreciate them until they've parted.

It is only now that I'm a mother,
that I realized how I'm above the rest.
I have the world's bestest mother,
for that I am truly blessed.

It is only now that I'm a mother,
that I realized what a huge responsibility I have.
You're life's most precious gift my daughter,
Daddy and I promise to love you with all we have.



Dearest baby Leann,

You have your grandma (Popo) to thank for this poem. If it wasn't for her unconditional love (and constant nagging - mom, before you get offended, I do mean it in a good way) for Mommy, I would have never had the inspiration to write it for you.

Just so you know how much Popo loves you, she actually flew over to look after mommy for four whole months while you were still inside mommy's belly. She had to forsake grandpa (Goong goong), mahjong sessions and golf for that long a time just so that she could be here to keep mommy company while waiting for your arrival. So other than Mommy and Daddy, you have to love Popo (and Goong Goong - he had to survive on his own for four months and that couldn't have been easy on him) very much when you're here okay?

Oh, Popo's also been nagging me not to buy so many things for you... but apparently the same can't be said to her. She's might stop Mommy from splurging on you, but she's already bought you a teddy bear, bean bag, bathing set, nappy bag, etc. You're such a lucky baby! =)

I know you'll be so overwhelmed when you're here cos' everyone seems to want to spoil you so much with so many things. But don't worry my little cupcake, Mommy will be there with you every step of the way okay?

Love,
Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment