As I look over my shoulders, I found myself staring straight into the calendar. 31st December 2011. So much has happened and changed since the beginning of the year. Adjusted to married life, got pregnant, gave birth, and now became a first time mother to my precious baby Leann. :) I always thought it was the most natural thing to do after marriage - to think about having babies. We were so excited about having a little one, that we started ttc after 3 months of careful consideration. And by April, I found out I was 2 months preggers, we were over the moon!
I remember staring at the test stick that memorable morning, I couldn't believe my eyes. Reason being we actually went to the gynae a couple of week before to check if I was having a bun in the oven as my 'Aunt Flow' was 3 weeks late! But the gynae told us no and gave me hormone pills to induce my period. So naturally I wasn't expecting myself to be staring at a test stick with 2 positive lines. I mean, what were the chances of getting knocked up after having taken hormone pills?
So anyway, long story short, I was blessed with a miracle earlier this year. I guess what they say is true, if it's meant to be, it will happen no matter what you do.
I just wanted to take this opportunity, before the clock strikes 12, to thank every forces in the universe for giving me the best gift I could ever ask for - my baby Leann, a symbol of the love my husband and I share. And that I get to share this bundle of joy with my family and friends, who've been there to celebrate my ups, and supported me through my downs.
Happy New Year everyone and may 2012 bring more miracles and hopes to all!
Peace and love,
Daddy, Mommy and baby Leann
No comments:
Post a Comment