*stares at calendar* OMG, it's almost a month. It's almost a month... since I've become a mom. *blinks* that also means I've been sleep deprived and zombified for nearly 30 days... And I survived! (pat myself on the back - Dearest Tricia, don't say I didn't warn you about motherhood! Psss.. U sure u still want to get pregnant ah? It's a 24/7 full time job working on the same 'project' and if the 'boss' calls you for the umpteen time during the night, you'll still have to get your ass out of bed to answer to her calls).
I know I know... Moms around the world are going, 'so what? We've been going through that for months, if not years!' But hey, you gotta cut a new mother some slacks, right? I never thought I'd be happily walking around with unkempt hair like a mad woman and still be doing stuff with my baby girl, and laugh at myself while doing so. I'd be in my jammies the whole day, not comb my hair for 2 days, wear the same freaking nursing top (that has been stained with expired sour milk) for 3 days (yes, i shower everyday but am too lazy to change into a clean top cos it'll get stained again within a few hours anyway) and still be oblivious that I look like an 'aunty' until my mom points it out to me. Sigh... Motherhood is turning me into an ugly hag. Note to self: must revamp myself before CNY comes as I refuse to fall into the 'she's a mom now so she has reasons to look ugly' category.
You know, babies are really your worse nightmares... But they can also be the brightest sunshine in your life. They're able to unleash so many different types of emotions in you (sometimes all at the same time) that most often than not your brain goes haywire from all the over-processing. :)
My little cupcake can turn from the most dazzling sunshine girl into a cranky monster in literally just 5 seconds. She somehow expects her meal to appear the instance she places her order... Damn impatient like her goong goong. -___- She sometimes think it's cute to be able nurse and then pauses for 5 seconds to whine every now and then just so you know she's still nursing and that as a mom, I should really stop Facebooking and concentrate on nursing her instead... -________- Yes, I think I have quite a demanding and intelligent child, too demanding and intelligent for her own good at this age. And yet they say you can't spoil a child when they're less than a year old. Hah! My baby knows that Popo treats her like a princess so she demands to sleep on her chest most of the day, and she knows that mommy doesn't tolerate that so she only occasionally demands it (but little does she know that mommy is silently contemplating to follow in popo's footsteps so that she can get more sleep sometimes). And Daddy? Well, I think she knows who to impress, smart little fella... No problems when it comes to Daddy so far. Sigh... She sure knows her way to Daddy's heart.
So... One month down... A few more to go before she becomes a toddler. They say time flies. I totally agree, which is why nowadays I cuddle and carry her as much as I can, because in probably a year's time she might prefer running around and sleeping in her own room and not even want mommy to cuddle her anymore.
Oh baby Leann, even though you make mommy go nuts sometimes, mommy is still tremendously happy to have you. Ps: Mommy's learn a new trick, next time when you go bonkers on mommy, I'll just hand you to Daddy! :) and Merry Christmas sweetheart, Mommy's gonna make sure you get a real Christmas celebration next year okay?
No comments:
Post a Comment